What is Compounding?
Compounding is a method of preparing medications to meet individual and unique doctor/patient needs. Compounding is as old as pharmacy itself and is simply the act of formulating medication just for you and your unique needs and preferences. We pride ourselves to craft the the purist compounded medication.
Why Customize or Compound Medications?
Because we can:
- Provide medications not yet available or medications no longer available.
- Deliver unique dosage forms such as: suppositories, transdermal products, capsules, troches, lotions, and creams.
- Formulate compounds with special flavors and scents to make the medicine more palatable!
- Provide medications for pets too – Veterinary Compounding available!
Pain Management Compounding
At Yorktown Pharmacy we work with you to help identify the exact root of the pain and make compounding recommendations specifically to target your unique needs.
We flavor and modify dosage forms, create creams and suspensions and do whatever we can to keep your pet compliant so they can remain healthy.
We can provide high grade cosmoceuticals in the forms of creams, lotions and even capsules that will help to reduce the unfortunate signs of aging.
Bio-Identical Replacement Compounding
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement (BHRT) can address the needs of both men and women and can help resolve symptoms of moodiness, hot flashes, libido, fatigue, insomnia, weight gain and much more.
Yorktown Pharmacy is proud to offer variety of specialty compounding
- Dermatological preparations for skin disorders including psoriasis or shingles
- Compounds for in office application such as facial peels, numbing gels, and wart removing compounds.
- Compounded bio-identical hormone replacement therapy preparations, along with patient counseling
- Ear gels for pets to avoid unpleasantness of oral medications
- Custom-designed dosage forms for hemorrhoids and fissures
- Compounds and pain management solutions for fibromyalgia, CFS, and other auto-immune diseased patients
- Dental Compounding
- Unique veterinary dosage forms for aviary and exotic animal patients
- Wound care
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Urological Compounds
- Innovative neurological compounds
- Bio-cosmeceutical agents